This report can also be viewed as an article on the site.
CUJO AI Labs researchers analyzed over 6,471 malicious botnet binaries that are spreading in the wild and wrote up a report about which vulnerabilities are being targeted on consumer networks and devices.
Some key takeaways from the report:
- 55 vulnerabilities are being targeted by botnet malware – twice as many as we’d seen in 2021.
- We’ve discovered a total of 36 different sets of exploits (vs 20 in 2021).
- More recent vulnerabilities are being targeted than in 2021 (38% vs 20%), but only by a few malware developers (6 out of 36 exploit sets target recently disclosed vulnerabilities).
- 40% of malware binaries target two or more exploits, and Zerobot uses the largest (22) exploit set. In 2021, 83% of the binaries we’d analyzed used two exploits or more.
- The oldest vulnerability targeted is from 2007 (CVE-2007-3010).
Get your copy
Get More Insights in the Full Report