The Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) Technical Writing Intern will support technical writing objectives in strategic governance, enterprise risk management, and compliance of the organization. The intern will be part of the Governance Team and be responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external GRC initiatives.
You will be responsible for the creation, updating and maintenance of all internal and customer-facing technical documentation such as quality, cybersecurity and service management policies, procedures and manuals, internal technical standards and their underpinning documentation, documents that are circulated internally to raise awareness on cybersecurity, quality and ITSM matters.
In addition to this, your responsibilities will include:
- Authoring, updating and maintaining our internal and customer-facing technical documentation.
- Writing and editing technical information, including the commissioning of graphics.
- Maintaining a plan to ensure technical documentation is produced in a timely manner to meet key milestones.
- Assess, maintain, review, and improve processes and procedures related to integrated management system with primary focus on its ISMS, QMS, BCMS and SMS subsystems
- Participate in Technology Risk and Process Management activities and meetings
- Support and document industry and regulatory compliance efforts (ISO27001, ISO9001, SOC2, GDPR/CCPA)
- Assist in documenting third-party risk assessments of vendors
- Provide documentation support to the GRC team on risk issues and related to information security and GRC issues. Recommend actions in support of the company’s wider risk management information programs and documentation systems
- Document CUJO AI systems and platforms as required
Qualifications for the role
- Ability to document IT systems and services.
- Basic experience in a governance, risk, and compliance environment, including ITIL v4 knowledge
- Demonstrable passion for cyber security and privacy protection including continual learning about new security controls, adversary tools, and offensive techniques and their relationship to the demands of GRC.
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude and a drive to take ownership and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Benefits and Perks
- Modern development equipment
- Conferences, training, books – anything for your development
- Paid internship
- Opportunity to learn from highly skilled colleagues